Hold on to your sound environmental principles and responsible business practices as part of your post-COVID business reality.
Let’s call this a PSA and cut straight to the chase by addressing the misconception that bottled water represents a “best foot forward” in the post-COVID workplace.
Look, it’s a big marketplace out there, there is room for everyone. We are not in the business of knocking down other industries.
But here’s the thing: the bottled water industry has discovered an attractive opportunity in the face of the fear and uncertainty of workplace re-entry following the global pandemic.
It is important to remember that the bottled water industry has encountered a barrage of backlash in recent years as the devastating environmental consequences of their operations have fully come to light. What consequences? Well…
– There will be more plastic than fish in the oceans by 2050 unless dramatic changes are made
– The industry achieves less than 10% recycling rates on billions of bottles sold annually
– Major players drain natural aquifers and other water deposits for profit while many communities endure poor quality drinking water
– Many popular brands ship their water from remote and exotic corners of the globe, resulting in untold emissions with every bottle
– Every bottle of water changes countless hands before it reaches its final destination
All of these phenomena have motivated forward-thinking businesses to seek more responsible hydration options.
It is important to look past the superficial climate of fear that is being capitalized upon and consider the facts, which remain largely unchanged and familiar since well before the viral pandemic.
Consider these questions:
– How many touchpoints has a bottle of water endured from the time it leaves a distant factory floor to the time it is placed in a staff pantry, breakroom, lounge, or other destination?
– By what consistent hygienic standards was each one of those touchpoints regulated?
– How many hands are too many hands on your water?
– What is the quality standard to which various bottled water brands are held?
– Does this standard vary from brand to brand, from place to place?
– Who enforces it?
Vivreau’s water solutions give you something bottled simply cannot: full security and control over your business’s water program.
- Vivreau manufactures and distributes its own proprietary systems and can trace every unit’s path to market
- A Vivreau system represents a one-time set up requirement, after which point the system remains in your workspace under your sole purview
- Vivreau systems filter your inbound water with a 0.2 micron carbon block filter, eliminating organic and inorganic contaminants, while allowing natural minerality to remain
- Vivreau bottles (for use with our bottling systems) are equipped with hermetic, food-grade silicon seals, meaning that your water is securely drawn from its source and is then securely held in its vessel
- You know exactly where your water is coming from
- You can pour unlimited quantities of pure, filtered water with predictable results
- You determine where your Vivreau system is placed
- You develop your own standards for water service and consumption
- You decide who handles your Vivreau system and who does not
- You may sanitize your system according to Vivreau’s standard cleaning procedures as often as you require/desire
- You can confidently answer questions from staff and stakeholders about the source of your drinking water without appeal to any third party
- Your Vivreau program is backed by 24/7 service support and a dedicated Client Experience team
Yes, it is true that Vivreau has a vested interest in this conversation too. We are in the business of water solutions founded on industry-leading dispensing and filtration technology, so absolutely, our stake in the game motivates our position.
But at the same time, our vested interest also results in the mass elimination of wasteful single-serve packages and unhealthy beverage choices in the workplace, all while reinforcing the security and control of your hydration program.
In fact, by our conservative estimates we have already helped our clients to eliminate more than 50,000,000 plastic bottles and have assisted more than 30,000 employees and stakeholders in choosing healthy, pure water over sugary sodas in their places of business.
We recognize that there are significant pressures to make the post-COVID workplace as safe as possible. We also know that what works for one of our clients may not work for another. But in the end, the most important thing is to make informed, evidence-based choices.