The Boston Harbor Hotel is Boston’s only Forbes Five-Star waterfront hotel with unparalleled service and world-class dining. The Hotel was looking for a sustainable water program for their In-Room Dining that could also be utilized in their Meritage Restaurant at no additional cost.
Previous Daily Bottled Water Profile:
- In-Room Dining: Provided an average of 27.4 bottles per day at a cost of $1.09 per bottle.
- Previously provided Fiji (1 liter) and Acqua Panna (750 ml) as amenity for In Room Dining
- Provided an average of 27.4 bottles per day at a cost of $1.09 per bottle. Program cost per day = $29.87 ($10,901.10 per year)
- 10,000+ bottles of annual waste
- Reduce annual cost to provide trucked-in, pre-bottled waters, as amenity for guests
- Minimize or eliminate all, one-time use vessels
- Demonstrate that the VIVREAU Program will pay for itself.
- Once VIVREAU Program is implemented, pour every bottle of water for Meritage Restaurant at a net zero cost, resulting in 100% retail profit
VIVREAU Water Program at Boston Harbor Hotel:
1. Installed 1 Countertop Bottling System
2. VIVREAU Program cost per day = $12.11 ($4,420 per year)
- Annual Savings: $6,481
- Program Saving Percentage: 60%
- Bottles Saved Annually from Waste: 10,000+