The Manager, People and Learning is a member of the Vivreau and Mavea’s Human Resources (HR) team, within the Finance and Operations group. This key role in HR supports the people side of our business and leads employee engagement and learning and development. This role seeks to develop collaborative and effective working relationships with all departments, and is a key resource in the provision of career development and the engagement and growth of our North American team.
The Manager, People and Learning develops programs aligned to the company strategy and values that promote and drive employee engagement, and our overall employee value proposition. This role acts as a resource to the business for HR matters and is a key part of talent development within the Company. Our culture and employee engagement are key parts of our employee value proposition and People and Learning will work to deliver programs and initiatives at all levels of the company to link to culture and our business strategy.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of learning projects and programs from design through to implementation and maintenance, including those delivered externally through our Learning Management System (LMS). Working with internal subject matter experts and external vendors, this role is a key contributor to the learning needs of the organization. Given the broad People and Learning scope of this role, change management considerations in areas such as training of technology adoption, as well as communication, team effectiveness, strategic and cultural change, will be part of your role.
The Manager, People and Learning reports directly to the SVP of Finance and Operations.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop relationships with and interact with internal, and external where appropriate, clients and stakeholders. Work closely with team members from all facets of the organization and at all levels to understand and assess the cultural health and alignment with Company values.
- Partner with the key business stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify career development needs and design, develop or source required training and development solutions that align with Company strategy and business objectives. Deliver, or enable the delivery via the LMS, required training and development.
- Develop and deliver programs and communications to maintain retention and implement desired change initiatives that link to the Company culture, strategy and business objectives. Work to increase employee engagement and deliver on the employee value proposition for the Company.
- Foster a positive team and company culture by ensuring treatment of others is respectful and aligned with Company values.
- Identify opportunities and execute continuous improvements in areas, including but not limited to, the talent development process.
- Participate in company projects and other HR duties as
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Approachable, engaging, and
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and see tasks through to completion
- Excellent collaboration, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented, demonstrating ownership and accountability
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas and information
- Ability to evaluate skills and assess future needs and training
- Knowledge of adult learning principles in the development of training materials for a variety of delivery channels including eLearning, classroom, training the trainer, self-study, blended learning and web.
- Demonstrated people management and coaching skills, including cultivating a culture of feedback and accountability.
- Superior client service orientation both internally and
- You display a high level of emotional intelligence, integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- 5 years of HR experience, including training experience with course design, material development, and facilitation.
- Demonstrated employee engagement programs and results aligning with
- Experience managing and creating content for an LMS (Bonus if SAP Litmos), using Articulate Storyline/360, Microsoft Office 365 applications; OR Proficiency using digital learning software, graphic design software, and at least one learning management system
- Project and program management experience in HR and/or
- Available for domestic or international travel when required.